Sunday, May 1, 2011

WAH! DID IT!!! DAY 1

Daily Practice
Minutes: 64mins
Songs worked on: Lover Man, No Bout a Doubt It, Squeeze me, I am what I am, Set me Free (haha 'Swing Gertie throw back day!)

I was rather sleep deprived today when I started practice, so my voice was definitely feeling the same way; a bit rough on the high end, so I didn't push that area of my voice to avoid straining it - but my lower register was really dropped in there, haha - I started scales on low low low B  - lol

I did a 30min warm up & for the last 30mins, I sang through songs and plunked them out on the piano in order to solidify some notes that I'd "re-written" (oops). I also made recordings on my iphone to help keep them in my ear. I gotta say, I was very thankful to the wonderful Mr. Chuck Homewood for meeting with me twice a week last summer in Dawson City, to teach me piano - it was SO helpful already! I'm not the greatest piano player, but my sight reading has greatly improved (sweet!) and super helpful - got a LONG way to go for piano... but I really do enjoy it, even if it's a rhythmically uneven "When the Saints Go Marching In" over and over that I have yet to EVER get perfect-

I also did some ear training, practicing my semitones and other intervals - really listening and making sure I'm in the center of the note- it did surprise me how at the beginning, I'd often hear it in my head ever so slightly below the note, instead of in the center - but I got better as I went through the octaves - hopefully next time will be better - I think I'll keep up with this - really review all the intervals - there was a time I was quite good at this. Shout out to Sr. Anita! 

I wonder if I'm gonna run out of stuff to practice at this rate? ...nah...that's unlikely lol

PIANO: And then - I took another 30 mins and practiced my piano - I've decided to add this in as a little extra for myself, I don't have access to a piano every day, presently, so I'm not going to require myself to do it every day, but every time I have access to one, which should be a couple times a week, I will. For piano, I got the old fingers twinkling again with some scales, right, left c major, the both at the same time etc, and reviewed through my book & played some of my all-time favourites from my Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Book Course (level 1) - these include, Jingle Bells, The Mexican Hat Dance (I am not responsible for the name of this song), Largo, the aforementioned: When the Saints... and of course, The Donkey. haha - so funny. Then I saw Alpine melody and my eyes involuntarily rolled back in my head- too much for one day - it is not an easy song to play- I have some more reviewing to do before I get back there. So things to work on: Chords- memorizing them and playing good. 

I'm POOPED!!!! Good Nite. This is your FV30DC Correspondent, Dana Hunter, signing out for Day 1.

Healthy Meals
Description: Salad with Grilled Salmon.
PICTURE: 



BTW FRIENDS! I'd love some inspiration for the 5 Good deeds to do--- what are your ideas?! post them as a response to my blog! 

aaaaaannnd... please click the button to follow my blog :) I'd love it if you do - 
xo 
thanks! 

(ok- hopefully I am doing this right) 

No comments:

Post a Comment