Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 3

Daily Practice
Minutes: 35mins
Songs Worked On: You keep me Hangin On, Lover Man, No Doubt...

Today I rested in hopes of getting better. As you know(?), I have a passion for psychology and the brain in particular (science nerd!) & I watched this really interesting program on Netflix about Stress and the brain the other day...till 3am... and I decided that I am definitely tired, sick and stressed, so maybe I should take a day and chill. ...of course I worked from home a bit because I can't help it - but it was good to give my body a chance to just go "Blah".

So, this evening, after some of that much needed rest, the old vocal chords were feeling a bit better, but still not elasticy and good. So I warmed up gently and sang through & reviewed the new parts, verses, words etc to the songs I'd worked Sunday, listening to my recording and going through it. I also worked on my consonants as Michael Levine suggested at my coaching the other week. After listening to the recordings, it really does give it alot, something really extra when you work that way.  Can really change the song.

Here's a link to article about the Stress documentary: very interesting
http://www.pbs.org/stress/

Tomorrow: My first singing lesson of the challenge! with a new teacher--- we'll see how this goes - I'm stoked. AND DANCE! got to get some of those 20 dance classes down before they bite me in the butt later and I suddenly have 20 to do in the final week lol
Plan is: Diana Laurenson's class @ BDC- my regular Ballet Class with Robert Atwood at Ailey (a highlight of my week) and maybe Tap with Lainey Munroe at BDC, but I have a conflicting reading of plays I'm supposed to go to - funny, I'll regret missing tap class- I've been enjoying it so much! can't believe it took me this long to get back to tap class--- haha, ah life-  u r so crazy

Check out the reading: My friend and a very talented writer is having something of hers read (which is why I must go) it's at NYU Tisch
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211158712235357

Healthy Meals:
Breakfast: Natural Greek Yogurt with blueberries ad organic strawberries mmmmm
 Lunch: Vegan & gluten free rice, dumpling, and veggie protein
 Snack: sliced organic apple, tbsp organic almond butter (omg, SO good!!!) and a few almonds :)
hopefully tomorrow I can get to a piano...

Thanks for reading! signing out!!!
East...did u do you 200 push ups today?!

1 comment:

  1. Nice breakfast but its a bit short on protien although yogurt has some ( my feeling is organic is a better milk source) )

    ReplyDelete