Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 18 --she works hard for her money...wait, I didn't make any money...um...

Daily Practice:
Minutes: am: 30
              pm: 90
Songs Worked On: more practicing of songs for sundays show at the Duplex!!! everything is going great! I'm on track - more work to be done - but getting there.






Private Lesson #3:
Instructor: Carey Yaruss
Songs worked on: the songs for my show on Sunday (which you are coming to right?)

yup - really enjoying working with Carey too - she gave me some GREAT ideas for the songs and performance - keeping me on track with notes etc - sweeet!





THANK YOU CAREY!!!! YOUR'RE THE BEST!!!!!! :) XOXOXOXOXXO
Links for Carey: 
***if you're interested in taking lessons with her - I highly recommend her - tell Carey I sent you!!! :)  
(she's totally affordable too - great for the starving artist budget ;)



Fitness #8:
Type of Class: Theatre (Fosse ;)
Instructor: Diana Laurenson

I love Diana's class - always have, she's wonderful. And of course, let's not forget that I love fosse - so it is the most perfect of combinations.

dude- I have like crazy, but poorly sculpted 80's bangs in this pic - ai-yai-ai ahaha

Fitness #9:
Type of Class: Contemporary
Teacher: Slam

sooo- class was great, continued on from yesterday's combo - enjoyed it... and then, at the end of class... how do I put this... Slam, didn't want to take his pic again??? sooo- um, yeah, sadly, I don't have a proper pic today for this. And - I guess I'm gonna go to a different class next week so I can get my pics which I need for the blog and this competition. BUT - because I'm a determined creeper (hey! that's a new one) I took a pic of him in the hall, you can see the shoulder of my lovely friend Karina Teran concerned and saying, just take it now HAHAHA - I love you Kraina and it was so nice to take class with you again - xo

Anyway, I dunno how to handle this - I suppose I'll email someone from BDC about it so I and others doing the challenge don't run in to this too-

so, here's my creeper pic (ugh)


Fitness #10:
Type of Class: Jazz Funk
Instructor: Sheryl Murakami

Another class I haven't taken in a while and Waaaaaaaay outta yee ol comfort zone! I almost NEVER go to hip hop etc classes these days - I'm happy to hit up Ballet, Theatre, Graham, Horton... but it was good - I feel like I kept up and was pretty good - not my strongest, but good. I enjoyed it and I really like Sheryl - I dunno how to describe it - #1 she's an amazing dancer and she's got technique too (boo-ya), great teacher, hilarious, confidant - AWESOME! Thanks for the class Sheryl!!!!

I will never pose like this for a photo again. the end. 

Fitness #11: (wahoo! over half way done!!!)
Type of Class: Broadway Tap
Instructor: Lainie Munro

My brain is working better in tap - hooray! yup! I really love tap! Today we did 2 combos  - a Fred Astaire piece from 'Blue Skies' to puttin on the ritz & part of Singing in the rain mmmmm Lainie is a great teacher and I'm really enjoying her class. I'll get there - superstar tapper again! 

this is our umbrella for Singing in the Rain (which I did quite a bit of today - literally)



--- and oddly enough, she reminds me SO much of my singing teacher...









Healthy Meal #18:

Dinner: Falafel - whole wheat pita and all the fixings!! yum! 

I don't know why everything is underlined. but it is annoying. And at that I shall call it a night. 
Good. Night.

here;s another pic of spandex world so you can dream of spandex in every pattern, color, shimmer you can and cannot imagine...


No comments:

Post a Comment