Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day Numero 17!

Whooo-ah!!!!! busy day! and tomorrow is going to be even more intense:

Daily Practice:
Mins: am: 44
          pm: 90
Songs Worked on: I am what I am, Isn't it better AND 2 songs for Sunday's show which r secret.

In the morning, I warmed up and went through some audition material and cuts. In the pm, I warmed up and worked, worked worked WORKED on my songs for Sunday's show - it's coming and I feel good just gotta get to know the songs better - still feeling tentative - I don't own them yet - ya know?

Fitness Class #6:
Type of class: Contemporary
Instructor: Slam

I am really enjoying Slams classes - they feel well-rounded and I'm starting to feel more comfortable/familiar with his style of choreo. Hooray.



Fitness Class #7:
Type of Class: Theatre Dance
Instructor: David Marquez

This was the 1st class I've taken with David Marquez since my old skool days of BCD summer internship back in '07 - whoa - time, huh? So it was a very new class for me, new warm up, new style - it was a bit of a struggle- but I really feel like I got it in the end - ok, so the part that goes "step, step step step" I screwed up - man, it's so hard to keep those "steps" straight in the ol nogan - gimme grande jetee's and piroettes and I'm cool, but step step----oy ---haha, anyway, great class- I'll be there next week!

...and thanks David for taking your pic with me, even tho you don't want sweaty dance pics on the net- it  is much appreciated, and believe me, you are not alone -- haha, so thanks to all the awesome teachers who've posed for a pot-class photo op with me!


Healthy Meal #15:
Breaky: Fave cereal - organic, Optimum w/ omega 3s, Almond milk and today I chose to go with some organic banana :)


Healthy Meal #16:
Lunch - Vegetarian Falafel Sandwich on whole wheat pita, with chickpeas, carrots, beets, tabbouleh, tahini, broccoli, cauliflower...
 tabouleih

Healthy Meal #17:
Dinner: Treated myself to some extra spicy Indian cuisine --- basmati rice, chicken and curry!

I also got an acupuncture session with my beloved acupuncturist here in NY - 
Bianca @ Sacred Spaces
she's been so helpful over the years. AND she's touring with Usher treating him and his dancers so I'm lucky to get an appointment the 2 days a week she flies back to NY to treat her patients here--
- thanks Bianca!!! xo!

... I gotta admit - I'm not sure how Imma manage to fit in 13 more dance classes and an audition before I head to VanCity next Wednesday - It's gonna be really tough - I hope I can do it--- I'm wary, but determined.

...and also sleepy - good night. Today was a great day- doing what I love to do---

oh yes and I'll leave you with a nice surprise that I finally passed by -yes, friends, this place exists...

Just think of all the awesomely-ridiculous unitards could make and find excuses to wear!!!! 
(insert choir of angels)

No comments:

Post a Comment